Catfish Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stugyfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
This is my first post to this site so i'll introduce myself.
I'm called Stuart and live south of Aberdeen which is in scotland.

Now the question. I have a Juwel vision 180 which has to feather fin catfish in it. I am wanting to add some cory's ( possibly panda's maybe bronze) and was wondering if this was ok? From what i've read there both none aggresive so it should be allright, But i'll feel better with a second opinion.. If anyone knows better all advice is welcome. Also how many corries should i had? Or is there other catfish that would get on fine with them that i could add?

ooops sorry i posted the topic twice.

They are listed as growing to 10 inches in length. Even though they may be peaceful, large catfish are very good at eating smaller fish that get in their way.

It probably depends on the size of your Featherfin right now in comparison to the size of the Corys. If the corys are small and the Featherfin isn't, well, you might want to reconsider! However, if it's the opposite, they should be all right. Since Corys grow to about 3" long, you might not have a problem by the time both are full grown. The tank is also large, so that may help keep them apart if you're in doubt.

Back
Top Bottom