Catfish food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
If anybody has any kind of catfish/bottom feeder could you please tell me what you feed them and what their favorite kind of food is? Thanks any advice would be appreciated!

You mean like Plecos or Corys? I have Corys; they pretty much eat anything I feed the fish that falls to the bottom. I also supplement by giving them shrimp pellets or an algae wafer after lights out 2-3 times per week. Plecos also like veggies (cucumber, zucchini, etc).

I have a pleco and an eclipse catfish. How should I give it cucumber? Should I just put a tooth pick through it into the sand so it stays at the bottom or what??

I bought a suction cup veggie clip at petco for a couple bucks. I don't know if it's very safe bit I have seen pictures of people just impaling it with a fork and letting it sink.

vanimal said:
I have a pleco and an eclipse catfish. How should I give it cucumber? Should I just put a tooth pick through it into the sand so it stays at the bottom or what??

Veggies for the Pleco. Driftwood also, many Plecos need wood.

Catfish needs meat. Fresh or frozen. Worms, shrimp, sinking pellets ( meat based ).

They will eat each others food, which is ok, BUT make sure you offer both their proper diet. All veg would starve the Catfish.

Is it ok to feed my catfish bottom feeder tablets and shrimp pellets? Also if I find a worm outside could I give it that? And I have mopani drift wood for my pleco is that ok for him to eat? I also feed him algae thins and cucumber is all this ok and is there anything I should add to their diets? Thanks!

Also I have blood worms but they won't sink even if soaked in water. So my catfish wont eat them

Oh I just cut a thin slice off, wash it and pin it to the bottom of my tank using a tooth pick. Make sure you dull the side that sticks up and if you have a pleco he'll find it :)

Back
Top Bottom