Celestial Pearl Danio Nipped Fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pimp My Fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 25 gallon aquarium with 9 celestial pearl danios and 2 dwarf puffers. I have heard of male cpds being relatively fin nippy toward each there but looking at my tank nearly half of them have torn tailfins, some to a relatively extreme degree. Despite this, all of them seem healthy and are constanly moving and eat ferociously. I thought it couldve been my puffers but they are relatively docile and ignore the danios completely as Ive never once seen them try and nip a cpd once. Meanwhile, the cpds tend to constantly chase each other around. My question is, is it normal for cpds to do this and will their fins heal to full health and color and if it is possible for their fins to heal completely, what can I do other than water changes and a healthy diet t ensure they heal completely?

Sounds a bit much to me on nipped fins.

Generally clean water should do it. You could try a water conditioner with aloe vera (eg API stress coat).

Back
Top Bottom