Celestial Pearl Danios Tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamonte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20 gallon tank (tall) that is ready for fish. Except I dont have any fish in mind. Only one in mind is Celestial Pear Danios, if I get those I want them to be comfortable wth there mates. I want some Top, Middle, and bottom dwellers.
Any advice is accepted. Even personal stockings not just CPDanios.

They are really best in species only tanks, they're pretty skittish and require lower temps.... i have some otos with mine. Dwarf corys and ember tetras would probably work out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Threadfin RainbowsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420488000.114020.jpg
Rainbows colors are subtle and the pic doesn't show them off. Lovely fish.

Cory cats. I have C habrosus ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420488020.783787.jpg

Otos

Ember Tetras

Amano Shrimp or RCS

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420487960.378566.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420487960.378566.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 114
If u are set in stone about the cpds I would do shrimp, like red cherry. They would compliment the danios nicely

Sent from my fish tank

Oh yah. I have amanos in there too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What about any barbs or tetras or hatchet fish?
Will any of these specific fish work( not all of them in one tank but, could any of these work?)

Tiger Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Marble hatchet, cardinal/neon tetras, x ray tetras, Harlequin rasbora, ghost glass catfish, serpae tetra, kribensis?

What about any barbs or tetras or hatchet fish?
Will any of these specific fish work( not all of them in one tank but, could any of these work?)

Tiger Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Marble hatchet, cardinal/neon tetras, x ray tetras, Harlequin rasbora, ghost glass catfish, serpae tetra, kribensis?

No. All too big and too competitive. CPDs only get about an inch. Neons are not much bigger, but way more fast to grab food.

CPDs need heavily planted, serene tanks to feel secure. If you want "normal" fish instead of Nano fish that's fine.

IMHO pick a fish you love and build tank around them. That way they'll show off at their best.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. All too big and too competitive. CPDs only get about an inch. Neons are not much bigger, but way more fast to grab food.

CPDs need heavily planted, serene tanks to feel secure. If you want "normal" fish instead of Nano fish that's fine.

IMHO pick a fish you love and build tank around them. That way they'll show off at their best.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So out of everything not even the Ghost Glass Catfish cant be happy with them?

Ghost Cats might intimidate them, being so much bigger. But might work ? Of all the fish you listed, they are the best. I haven't tried them. If CPDs are scared, you'll hardly ever see them.

They hit 4" so a group of those will take up some tank space.

Great fish, I love them. Don't get me wrong.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom