Center piece idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey AA,
I have a 25gal long freshwater tank I'm looking to stock with a nice center piece. My thinking (fully complete ofcourse) is to have 6-10 black neon tetras, 5+?? red swordtails, a center piece and then a bristlenose pleco? Would that be overstocked? I have checked the compatibility for the three known fish, and they all work.
I would like any suggestions as far as a center piece. I'm not too trusting of the posted info for each fish at the LFS, so I'd rather get some sound advice from you fellow members. As far as requirements, the fish just needs to be compatible and colourful, other then that I'm pretty open.

Thanks
Spenny
:thanks:

I think instead of "a" centerpiece get yourself a pair of gold or powder blue rams and that would finish your stock imo but you might wanna lower the number of the swords if so

less swords,they get pretty big. a betta or paradise fish may be good for a centerpeice

i would say only get 3 swordtails 1m 2F
and for a center piece: GBR, 1 pearl gourami, betta would work, dwarf gourami

for a center piece in my 29g tank, i got a large male sailfin molly (around 4 inches, can be very colorful, mine was yellow and black) or you could just do another small species

if you get the BN pleco, make sure you have some drift wood in the tank and some places for it to hide

Back
Top Bottom