Centerpiece fish for a 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My red spots would eat any plant I tried . they never dug in the sand though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

mikem691, It's good to hear that yours didn't dig, that's a big concern for me.
I read that if severums are fed vegetables (like cucumbers and peas, etc) they would be less likely to eat the plants. Is this true? I put cucumber in my tank every now and then for my otocincluses (otocincli?), hopefully the severum would eat that instead of the plants lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

mikem691, It's good to hear that yours didn't dig, that's a big concern for me.
I read that if severums are fed vegetables (like cucumbers and peas, etc) they would be less likely to eat the plants. Is this true? I put cucumber in my tank every now and then for my otocincluses (otocincli?), hopefully the severum would eat that instead of the plants lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He probably would because if you fulfill his need for plants via cucumber or other household greenery then he probably wouldn't bother your plants. But that's one of those things you're just going to have to try if you want to see if it works. Since it really doesn't put the fish in harms way I personally would try it.
And on the digging my Sev never digs so I wouldn't fret about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He probably would because if you fulfill his need for plants via cucumber or other household greenery then he probably wouldn't bother your plants. But that's one of those things you're just going to have to try if you want to see if it works. Since it really doesn't put the fish in harms way I personally would try it.
And on the digging my Sev never digs so I wouldn't fret about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Agree with this

Okay! Thank you everyone for your help and advice!! I'll be getting my severum in the next few days, and will post pics! :D

Thanks again!
-fishdude25

Back
Top Bottom