Centerpiece fish idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would add a pair of pearl gouramis they are beautiful when mature and ready to breed or an angelfish as a centre piece

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would add a pair of pearl gouramis they are beautiful when mature and ready to breed or an angelfish as a centre piece

Gouramis are very nice looking fish and are peaceful fish ime they never picked on any of my fish and would do well with barbs i think because they swim with our gourami sometimes and display no signs of aggression towards the gourami.

A 36g tank is NOT large enough for a pair of Pearls and is barely big enough for one.

Pearls are my favorite of the Gouramis. They hit 4".
They prefer floating plants and subdued lighting. The Barbs and Tetras may be very "active" tank mates. If you try one, have a back up plan.

A 36g tank is NOT large enough for a pair of Pearls and is barely big enough for one.

Pearls are my favorite of the Gouramis. They hit 4".
They prefer floating plants and subdued lighting. The Barbs and Tetras may be very "active" tank mates. If you try one, have a back up plan.

I agree. Dwarf gouramis are a good centerpiece fish that will do well in a community tank and aren't picky eaters also they last a long time in the right hands.

I agree. Dwarf gouramis are a good centerpiece fish that will do well in a community tank and aren't picky eaters also they last a long time in the right hands.

I like dwarf gouramis, but have kept several of them and they always seem to get sick and die and are my only fish that seem to do that even with all the right params. I've read that way too many of them come from suppliers already disease infected. I can believe it. No dwarfs...I am thinking to look along the lines of apistos...

I like dwarf gouramis, but have kept several of them and they always seem to get sick and die and are my only fish that seem to do that even with all the right params. I've read that way too many of them come from suppliers already disease infected. I can believe it. No dwarfs...I am thinking to look along the lines of apistos...

Try maybe a double full red cockatoo or a German Blue Ram

Whatever you do never mix a bolivian ram and german blue ram unless you want some dead fishes. The Bolivian and German won't get along.

Whatever you do never mix a bolivian ram and german blue ram unless you want some dead fishes. The Bolivian and German won't get along.

Are you basing that regardless of tank size? It maybe so with a 36g. I've had a bolivian and an electric blue in my old 55g. They got along fine. Sometimes they would chase each other out of a spot, other times they would hang out in the same cave area. And now I have a pair of gbr and a bolivian in my 75g and they also get along fine. Is it because it's a larger tank? The plants? I admit I never had the combo in anything smaller than a 55g. But my point is that I've had 2 different instances with 2 different sets of fish that they got along or are currently getting along.

Back
Top Bottom