Centerpiece for 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Lost my pair of pearl gourmis recently. No other problems in tank. Parameters are fine and no other deaths. Would love to replace them with another top dwelling fish. Like the pearl gouramis but open to something else. Considering angels but I have a school of tiger barbs. Now my tiger barbs are very docile. Never have nipped any other fish in the tank. Other consideration is marble hatchetfish. Really like how the look and that they hang out on the surface. Any other suggestions?

Lost my pair of pearl gourmis recently. No other problems in tank. Parameters are fine and no other deaths. Would love to replace them with another top dwelling fish. Like the pearl gouramis but open to something else. Considering angels but I have a school of tiger barbs. Now my tiger barbs are very docile. Never have nipped any other fish in the tank. Other consideration is marble hatchetfish. Really like how the look and that they hang out on the surface. Any other suggestions?

i know its slightly off topic but what happened to your pearls? I have 2 of them and their doing great but thought i could maybe learn something from you.

They were in inseparable. Male started acting little apathetic. Hanging at bottom of tank. Maybe slightly bloated. Was eating the day he died. The female was fine. She seemed depressed when he died. Still hung out in usual spot. Just found her dead a few days after him. Really not sure what happened. Their color was fine. They were eating. No deaths in tank. Parameters were good. No injuries. Only had them for like 8 months.

thats sad, sorry for your loss.

i have had my pair for week or 2 and they are great. They adore each other too :) I don't know how I would deal with a loss of one of my fish. even more so if it was under the conditions of yours, seems perfectly fine but randomly dies.

It sucks. No signs until male started hanging out at the bottom of tank. Convinced female died of broken heart. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398225450.031889.jpg

Urghhh. Bought a new pair of pearl gouramis today. Now one already looks like it is crashing fast. Is there a disease that effects pearl gouramis only and acts this fast.

I know dwarf gouramis are prone to a few problems (luckily minw is nice and healthy so far :D) but I always thought pearls were quite hardy :/

He looked fine in the morning. Hanging out with other gouramis at top of tank and breathing normally. So maybe I was being paranoid after losing my previous gouramis so suddenly

Back
Top Bottom