centerpiece for a 15 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linds3y

Aquarium Advice Freak
After moving my moms betta back to her sorority and an ich outbreak that occurred while I was away for a few days, in my 15 gallon tank I now have 2 male guppies, 1 rubberlip pleco and 10 neons.
What fish (or pair) could I add as a centerpiece fish? Something pretty...
Not interested in dwarf or honey gouramis, I have some in a separate tank :)
Suggestions!?

Also I was thinking about moving my male betta from his little 3 gallon into the 15 but I was worried about the guppies. Any experiences with mixing male bettas and male guppies?

My betta tends to chase fish that is brightly colored but u always can try it out and see

I know from experience that it really depends on the beta. I tried to add my male beta to my 55g with some other livebearers and it didnt work out too well. But about a year ago i had a different beta in my 16 with some tetras.
So it is a 50/50 chance you will have a fight on your hands.

Hmmm maybe I'll put him in there and see how it goes...
I'm also considering a pair of gbr?
What is another relatively small, colorful fish with some personality?

I have two male Bettas. One of them was kept in a 10 gallon tank with two guppies. The Betta cornered each guppy so that their back fins got caught in the filter. I lost both guppies no more than a week after puttting the Betta in. Word to the wise keep the Betta's away from anything but Pleco's Catfish and I've found success with African Dwarf Frogs.

Well I just "tested" my betta by putting my finger in the tank, which he immediately flared at and attacked lol. So I think putting him in the others may be a bad idea. Then again, maybe hes just mad at me or something lol, I do have 3 ghost shrimp and a small snail with him that he leaves alone. Idk.

Okay, I read that somewhere too. They're so pretty though lol, ****.

Yeah once they settle in their colors are so vibrant. You could possibly do maybe one ram but I honestly don't know. Hopefully someone with more knowledge could help

If I can, I think I will do one gbr and maybe another male guppy. Still not sure though..

That sounds pretty stocked already.. Sorry... The only real centerpiece good for a 15 would be a dwarf gourami which i know you dont want to hear. Honestly dont add anything else.

Back
Top Bottom