centipede knifefish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquakid

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 40-gallon community tank with live bearers, rasboras, a dwarf gourami and a rainbow shark. Would a centipede knifefish be okay in this tank, or would it be chased by the rainbow shark, or maybe eat my other fish?

Most knifefish tend to be rather timid, and passive. However due to their larger, full grown size, they may eat smaller fish. I know my Ghost Knives cleaned up my 13 Neons...

These fish are easily bullied, and with my experience with red tailed sharks, they may chase off, maybe even bite the knives to get them out of a hiding place.

Also, these knives, while not as big as other, still get about 9", not the best suited for a 40 gallon.

As with all knifefish, it is very important to that they have hiding places, don't expect them to come out during the day often.

One last think, Knifefish are picky carnivores, requiring a high protein diet, start off with frozen blood worms, and move onto krill when they get bigger. Skip brineshrimp all together

Back
Top Bottom