Centrepiece needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishnewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for suggestions on what fish I can get for my tank as a 'centrepiece' . At present I have 10 neons, 10 zebra danios, male Siamese fighter (betta?), 2 clown plecs and 4 corys.
Was thinking of dwarf gouramis or blue rams but would like some advice please. Tank is 190 litres and has driftwood and a selection of real plants in it.

Attachments

• image-3851613744.jpg
    image-3851613744.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 106
I'm going to wait a few weeks as my tank is cycled I think but is still relatively new and I don't want to overload my tank.
I would just appreciate some advice!
My ammonia level is staying at 0 and my nitrates are at 10, nitrites are 0 and ph is 7. Are these ok readings?

They sound great.

Your main issue is that you already sorta have a centerpiece, in your betta.

Most traditional centerpiece fish (angels, gourami, etc) are going to conflict with him and vice versa.

you couldnt do gouramis or angelfish because they conflict with the betta, personally, i would consider the betta as your centerpeice.

I would like a bigger fish as they are all very small apart from the betta. Are there any that you could suggest?

lemme think here.. you could try maybe some bolivian rams, maybe 2 of them.. ive never owned any, but im sure that those would work.. you couldnt do angels cause theyll rip up the plants.. but id try the rams.

Thank you, I will wait for a while for my filter bacteria to stabilise a bit first. Does the same go for dwarf gouramis and the betta?

the betta will be ok by himself.. ive discovered that with bettas, they get jealous of other top breathing fish, such as other bettas, gouramis, even goldfish, yea, so i wouldnt mix them. just leave the betta. id wait a few weeks for the tank to stabilize before you try rams, although im not sure if theyre that delicate. im only used to dealing with delicate fish

I was thinking bolivian rams... They look a lot like german blues but are easier! I totally want some but I have Africans cichlids and Goldfish :(

Back
Top Bottom