Centrepiece(s) for a 26 gallon Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It wont require marine as it matures... It will thrive well in freshwater when young and then brackish is required when it is older. It isnt a necessity for it to be it marine... Its more of a choice. Mine did very well with lots of different tank mates from small to large and never harmed a thing! :) maybe i was lucky!

If I'm not mistaken and you're definitely talking of green spot puffers they get close to 7" and definitely require brackish then marine as they grow. The op decided on rams though so it's a moot point lol.

But I was considering aspitogrammas they look like amazing fish. But all the ones I saw were like 60+ dollars and I don't think I can spend that much. Does anyone know of any aspitogrammas that are a little more affordable? And if they would work in my tank?

Affordability all depends on availability. If that is not something you readily available where you are, I would just look at different options. I agree that rams are a great choice. Thread fins were brought up. They are another good choice as are several other rainbows like the celebese or praecox. But, I suspect you won't be able to find them if your selection is limited.
Fwiw, I think a single angel is fine in this size tank, but I do suggest a different option because of your neons. I gave kept and bred them for years, and I don't think this size tank is inappropriate for a single one. Though, angels are one of those fish that many people disagree about tank sizes for.

It wont require marine as it matures... It will thrive well in freshwater when young and then brackish is required when it is older. It isnt a necessity for it to be it marine... Its more of a choice. Mine did very well with lots of different tank mates from small to large and never harmed a thing! :) maybe i was lucky!

Mine massacred my tank lol. You could try I think it's called double red apistos ? I believe it's $30 for a pair on aquabid

I found some German blue rams at a LPS in the states so I'm picking them up on my way out

Firemouth cichlid

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If they fit not to sure though you would have to research the size

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I found some German blue rams at a LPS in the states so I'm picking them up on my way out

Sounds good! Keep on mind that they can be sensitive, so make sure to do a slow acclimation and keep a close eye on your water quality. Good luck!

Sounds good! Keep on mind that they can be sensitive, so make sure to do a slow acclimation and keep a close eye on your water quality. Good luck!

Ok thanks, so just float them for like 25 minutes then leave light off for a couple hours?

Ok thanks, so just float them for like 25 minutes then leave light off for a couple hours?
nope, you need to acclimate them to your water, best way is drip with a small tube into a bucket, you can also just add a cup of your tank water to the bag every 10 min for a half hour, rams especially need the extra care.. Than net them out, don't dump Lfs water into your tank.. Ever.....

nope, you need to acclimate them to your water, best way is drip with a small tube into a bucket, you can also just add a cup of your tank water to the bag every 10 min for a half hour, rams especially need the extra care.. Than net them out, don't dump Lfs water into your tank.. Ever.....

I agree. With most fish, I honestly just float them and then add a bit of water a few times and dump them in. However, rams can be rather sensitive, so if you can set up drip acclimation, that would be best IMO. If you cannot, add water slowly to the bag by hand after they have adjusted to the temperature.

I agree. With most fish, I honestly just float them and then add a bit of water a few times and dump them in. However, rams can be rather sensitive, so if you can set up drip acclimation, that would be best IMO. If you cannot, add water slowly to the bag by hand after they have adjusted to the temperature.

I can not drip them so I will do the float and add tank water then net them out

Back
Top Bottom