Change to my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flavia21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey!
Would you guys have any idea on how I can modify my tank, add/take? I feel like its too dull and boring. Any ideas?
Thanks

image-1862058014.jpg

You could try putting a back drop poster on one side and add more plants or maybe a pot

jetajockey said:
Hi, how about a substrate change? I'd also add alot more plants.

What would you change the substrate to? And yes I've thought of more plants thanks :)

fonze said:
You could try putting a back drop poster on one side and add more plants or maybe a pot

I would add sand, driftwood, a bubbler, and maybe a log or a pot for fish to hide in. +1 for more plants and a background. But if you like that gravel its fine. Its preference I guess, I just like a more natural look.

+1 to a bubbler and drift wood. what size tank is it? Maybe have a bubble curtain on one side.

fonze said:
+1 to a bubbler and drift wood. what size tank is it? Maybe have a bubble curtain on one side.

That's what I was thinking, a curtain along the back would look nice.

Here's a picture of my tank with a bubble curtain on one side just to give you an idea

ForumRunner_20121011_202011.jpg

vanimal said:
I would add sand, driftwood, a bubbler, and maybe a log or a pot for fish to hide in. +1 for more plants and a background. But if you like that gravel its fine. Its preference I guess, I just like a more natural look.

I like the sand idea but the only reason I didn't decide to put it was because I heard it was too messy when it comes to cleaning. Is this true?

Plus where can I find/buy a log?

fonze said:

I already have a curtain bubbler I had it in the back but I found it to be the reason on of my 1 inch baby molly died stuck in the filter. Is my assumption wrong? I'm not sure but I did find it stuck in the filter twice and then it died. This never happened before I got the bubble curtain in the back. Any ideas?

I bought a hiding place for my fish something similar to a pot but its just a round purple thing that they can go in and hide.
I also bought some more plants to add to the aquarium.
After setting it up ill put some more pictures of it and see what you guys think.

Back
Top Bottom