Changed my mind again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, so instead of buying the top fin 55 gallon aquarium started kit im going with the top fin 75 gallon hood combo has anyone had this one? Im buying in a couple of weeks and will post pics!
Thanks in advance :thanks:

-Brian

I have all Top Fin combos..my biggest being the 40 Breeder one. I never have had a problem except for I got a 10 that leaked.. but I just returned it no problem. 75 is a good size..you'll be happy you got that instead of a 55 :p

What are you thinking about putting in it?

Im thinking about putting:

Neon tetra
Fancy guppies
Tiger barbs
Hi fin platy
Cory dory
Zebra danio
Ballon belly molly

Im thinking about putting:

Neon tetra
Fancy guppies
Tiger barbs
Hi fin platy
Cory dory
Zebra danio
Ballon belly molly

Oh ok..so a community tank. If I got my hands on a 75 I would go for bigger fish, that's just me though. :p

Yes

If I got a 75 gal I would put some cichlids/Oscar and other semi-aggressive fish. Black Ghost knife fish r cool too for a 75 gal

Yes

If I got a 75 gal I would put some cichlids/Oscar and other semi-aggressive fish. Black Ghost knife fish r cool too for a 75 gal

A BGK would be okay in that tank for awhile, but wouldn't be able to be in it forever.

African brown knife would be an altrentive. They don`t get as big, but aren`t as social either, or a fire eel. Be careful with tiger bards, there nippy as all get out.

African brown knife would be an altrentive. They don`t get as big, but aren`t as social either, or a fire eel. Be careful with tiger bards, there nippy as all get out.

Fire Eels can get up to 2 feet long max. But again, it could be in there almost a year.. Are there any fish that you like in particular?

If he kept other bigger semi-aggressive fish, the tiger barbs won't stand a chance at nipping the fish.

If I were you i'd go for a BGKF and an Oscar and then maybe another couple of cichlids. Or you could get some Bala Sharks or Pictus Catfish. Or maybe some Silver Dollars. The options are endless, lol!

If I were you i'd go for a BGKF and an Oscar and then maybe another couple of cichlids. Or you could get some Bala Sharks or Pictus Catfish. Or maybe some Silver Dollars. The options are endless, lol!

BGKs was stated before and wouldn't work long time..and the oscar could eat it depending on the sizes, especially since BGKs grow very slow and oscars grow fast. Could do a Jaguar Cichlid (or other bigger SA cichlid), Oscar and a bigger catfish for the bottom.. Or you could do a Bichir of some type.

You could also do a mix of some cichlid and community fish. Any type of ram, apistos, keyhole, festivum, and other small cichlids would work great with some tetras, corys, and other schooling community fish. Also Gouramis and rainbows would work with a mix of other community fish.

Back
Top Bottom