Changed!! Perch info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you want to know specifically. There is a ton of information on largemouth bass. If you want to keep one you are going to need a big tank and a good filtration system. I would honestly say over 200 gallons easily. Largemouth can really grow quick under the right conditions a fingerling can pack on the size. Some of the phosphate pits in Florida see incrdible growth rates. I would not recommend one. They are going to eat anything that will fit into their mouth including other largemouth bass and you will be surprised at what they can get down.

Large mouth=everything is food.. that would be a single occupant tank... And a BIG tank at that.. Ive caught large mouth bass that were 14 inches long and I would assume they get MUCH bigger.. maybe some reaserch into record sized bass would give you an idea how big the tank would have to be..

If I can find it, I have a research paper somewhere on LMB. If I find it I will send it to you.

Yellow or white perch but they are basically the same thing pearch are freshwater fish, eat warms, minnows....stick to the bottom, you could just google all this and find tons of info on fish.

Perch aren't that great of a tank fish IMHO. If one was to keep a yellow perch would be my choice. Once again you will want a larger tank but nothing near what you needed for a bass. There are better natives to keep in tanks a lot depends on what you are looking for. It seems as if you are intrested in "predation", you looking for something to gobble something down? Sculpins are an intresting fish and will have that "let me eat something attitude".

Back
Top Bottom