changing 10G stocking....(update with pics of fish i want)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
would it be ok to have 2 angel in it? if i took out everyone but my cory and pleco. or would i have to move the angels down the road to a larger tank when they get full grown. the danio just swim around like their heads are cut off.

Thanks in Advance

I don't think angels ought to be in a 10gal, just because they are too short, and there is really not enough room for them. The general rule is 10 gals per angel, but I would not even put one in a 10gal tank. 20gal high is the smallest tank I would put them in (20 gal long too short), and then I'd not put more than 2.

Danios are also difficult for a 10gal, because they are zippy fish that need lots of space. Rasboras, neons, cardinals, white clouds, etc. are good choices for 10gals.

JMO, so hopefully you'll get a few other responses.

angels grow really quickly and will easily outgrow a 10gal.. prolly not soon enough for you to get a larger tank (if you don't have one already)

I would strongly advise not to put them in a 10gal

Yeah, don't go with angels in a 10 gallon. Stick with small community fish like tetras.

i know they will outgrow the tank. but i will be getting them when they are 3/4 to 1 1/2in. why is that most of all your guyz answer to people they will outgrow. not everyone asking a question is a newbie to this hobby.

sorry
or would i have to move the angels down the road to a larger tank when they get full grown
ERR edit: and when would i have to move the angels down the road to a larger tank when B4 they get full grown.(size in inches please for the time to move them)

i am sorry but i am on meds and not doing to well. when i type and think at same time

I put 6 x 1.5 inch fish (Pics in gallery) in a 20 gal to grow for a bit and they out grew it in no time at all. I knew it would happen and had plans and space for them. You could put them in there but you would have to have a 29 gal ready somewhere so you could transfer them. It is just easier to have the correct tank to begin with. I was aiming to have to 20 Gal a breeding tank.... but we got rid of it when we moved.

i want to put them in my 10g while my new tank cycle if i can talk the wife into get a 30 for these angels. 2 angels in a 10g for 2months at the most. they dont grow that fast do they.

2 months in a 10gal is not a problem when they are that small. Moving fish is stressful so that is why we are so quick to warn against putting fish in a too-small tank. I try to save people the trouble of going through something that I have been through already, that's all.

dang but i want to get them now well they have them in stock at drsfostersmith.com they are so pretty.

Back
Top Bottom