Changing filter system how to???? Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rono11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My old filter system is so noisy so i want to change it to an other one. What is the steps? Should i leave both system in the fish tank or how to do it?
10g fish tank

What kind of filter do you have currently? Which filter are you wanting to switch to?

Sent from my 831C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tetra makes good products but their filters aren't one of them. I recommend the Aqueon 10. Stay away from topfin as well. FluVal, Aquaclear, Marineland, and National Geographic are the better filters.

Yes, if your tank is cycled, allow the two filters to be running together for about a week so they can colonize in the new one. Also, if possible, seed the new filter with old media from the old filter.

last question ( yes it is about 6 months old tank) after a week i have seed the new filter with old media from the old filter or now when adding the new system?

Better to add a part of the media now to speed it up. Only if you can fit it :)

I actually did this today on my discus project tank! If you can fit all or most of the media from the old filter into the new one, you can take the old one out immediately. (that's what I did, transfering biomedia from a HOB filter to a canister filter).

Back
Top Bottom