Changing food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

French

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was feeding my fish nutrafin MAX flakes for the past 5 months. Today I bought tetra color flake food. They won't eat it. Is this something that is common? Will they eat it when they get hungry enough? Should I go but the nutrafin stuff again and count my losses ($25) should I leave the unbeaten food on the bottom in case they decide to eat it? Thanks.

Your fish don't understand this new food is "food". They must understand it's food. You can do a mix of the initial food with the new one...

Or let them starve a little bit, they'll eat almost any foods. If they don't eat after 5-7 days, I will recommand you try another type of food.

Don't put more food thinking "they didn't saw the food" if they don't eat it, it will increase the waste in the aquarium for no good reasons. Give them a little flake, if they don't eat it, try tomorrow. Do this for 7 days.

Will they be ok for a few days without any food? Or should I throw in some blood worms to keep them happy after a day or two?

Back
Top Bottom