Changing substrate Q's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This happens its not a big deal, and tour fish are a hardy species. 50%water change. It will spike and go down faster than a normal cycle start up....

Also with that size >20watt CFL (6500k, the daylight colour not the blue white color) would be ample light for low light plants. Plants will eat up ammonia and nitrites...

For now, just patience, and vigilance.

Glad you can test your water. Even clear water can actually be a mess, only tests let us know.

20long hitech/10gal shrimptech

YEEEEEY!!! You can start with just 1 or 2.. Never too few, but still never enough haha.. Welcome to the world of planted :]http://www.aquariumplants.com/category_s/190.htm

You don't have to get them there, saw this link on here today. Anything on that list should be fine. I love anubias nana, personally, but it grows better on a log... Or black rocks that you have in there. Just string, or aquarium silicone and they are good. Other plants like to be buried.. Just do some readinz

Didn't get plants today - I did get a couple of new guppies though - asked for 2 males 3 females - this is one of the ones that was in the bag - SPEW!!!!

It is not going in my tank!! I should have checked before I left!!! Stupid me!! I'll be going back there with it this afternoon!!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389927614.549293.jpg

Yeah he looks rough. Remember they will breed like fire, sl have a place for the extras to go..

I have another 55ltr set up for the babies, I had a heap born the other day :)

Petshop had a phone call from me, it's being replaced tomorrow. Not sure what to do with it now - they don't want it back. Should I euthanise it?

No, just be good to it. It will recover if you care for it well. Most fish would from this sort of injury, but it could become worse

True... Iduno really... Maybe a small quarintine container, frequent water changes? Like a biig bowl or something

Wonder if it could be a friend for my black moor, I know generally the answer is no, but I'm running out of options... Putting it down because it's different seems harsh... :-o

Moor would eat it. My fiancee sister has a fish that's crooked like that and has been around for years. He's probably fine

Back
Top Bottom