changing water upward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lorus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi.

My 75g is in the basement of a house. The nearest fawcett is two flights of stairs up. I got the Python, but the path of water is too long too high and the pressure created by the fawcett is not enough to draw the water of the aquarium.

I was thinking of getting a manual transfer pump. Did anybody have an experience similar to this one?

Thanks,

Lorus....

I never have used a python to siphon, just to fill. wastes to much water.

i still do the bucket brigade, because I pour the old water on the plants outside my house (which they LOVE...we have the best looking korean dwarf lilac bushes in history).

you'd need a pretty hefty/expensive pump to clear 2 flights of stairs...like a 12 foot head...plus the actual distance to the faucet.

is there any way you could drain into a basement drain...like the drain for a washing machine or a floor drain?

I have the same issue currently and it is so much quicker to bucket the water upstairs and refill the tank with the python.

When using the python even with or below a tank you almost only need to run water to get it started but when pumping up you waste so much and at least with my sink, a lot of that wasted water is hot water which I used gas to heat and thus I am burning both my wallet and wasting perfectly good water to a treatment plant.

Back
Top Bottom