Cheap black sand.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to get cheap black sand. do you guys know any black sand that i can get for CHEAP? If I can't find any I guess I'll just settle for PFS:(...
*OTHER THAN SANDBLASTING SAND*

I went with black limpopo sand. Not really a true black, more dark grey when its in the tank but I think it looks great and was pretty reasonably priced. Handy really when you're buying 50 kilos like I had to!

I paid £50 for 50 kilos which was by far the cheapest option from my local sources. Its not true black like tahititian moon sand but was considerably cheaper and my fish love it. It wont affect your ph either, or at least, it hasn't affected mine.

hi, how did your sand work out for cleaning. Many people I have read say that it just needed a rinse and was good to go. However my experience was a bit different as every rinse left really black water which was the same rinse after rinse which worried me. The LFS said that this is normal and just to rinse a couple of times to get the dust off as you would never get it completely clean.

I put a sponge prefilter over my intake. And I just run my filter and after 24 to 48 hours my tank is usually crystal clear. Then when I do water changes I gently wave the gravel vacuum above the sand in a circle , not too close, and it will suck up any detritus off the top of the sand.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423502824.173344.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This may be a dumb question but can you plant in sandblasting sand?

My 55g back when I had sandblasting sand

BBjp0VH.jpg

Sandblasting sand is great, as long as you don't have digging fish.

We have the blasting sand too. I like it a lot. Just make sure to rinse it a bunch of you go that route (probably already mentioned but I am just scrolling through quickly)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom