cheap,cheap,cheap gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

okaquarium

Aquarium Advice Regular
found 50# bags of all purpose stone at lowes for less than 4.00 it says on bag safe for ponds and aquariums...have never seen posts on this before so maybe ill inform someone just discovered it today and am really happy :lol: hope everyones healthy wealthy and enjoying their fish

Just so you know, stones larger that about 1 inch trap more debris between them and are more difficult to vac clean. Otherwise, congrats on the find. I pay $4 for five pounds of 1/2 inch aquarium stones.

And before you put the stones in the tank...
Rinse,rinse,rinse,rinse,rinse,rinse,rinse,rinse,rinse! :D

The sand and gravel I put in my tanks comes from landscape and sandblasting supply companies....the gravel needs a bit of rinsing, but at $6 for 90lbs, I'm not complaining.

this is small gravel like what they sell at pet stores just alot cheaper and dont get the color selection

okaquarium said:
this is small gravel like what they sell at pet stores just alot cheaper and dont get the color selection

WOW, great deal - like I said, I paid $3.99 for 5 lbs at the lfs.
And I'm not too particular about the color either - I prefer natural stone over the colored stuff anyway. :D

this is how im buying from now on hope i helped point somebody in a cheaper direction....this can be an expensive hobby

Back
Top Bottom