Check valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClearVision94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it normal for a check valve to decrease the amount of bubbles that come out of an air stone? I added one it significantly dropped the amount of bubbles coming out...

I don't know what you mean by that??ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390327195.436097.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390327195.436097.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390327195.436097.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 95
I think so the arrow on the valve is pointing towards the air stone like in the pic

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390327556.160383.jpgok I lost the pic of the one on the instructions but it showed the arrow pointing towards the air stone

Looks right, take it off, kind of tap it on a table, that thingy in it should be hovering with air flow through it..

Ok, but I can't do it right now. I would have to wait till later on today because I don't know how long it will take. I've been having a hard time taking it off and I'm sort of busy right now...

Hey man, your tank, no worries, also try flipping it around just incase the arrow guy was sleeping in the job that day. Good luvk

They do slow air flow a bit not much

If you had it the wrong way round it should let throw any air if it did it's not doing it's job
If it let's throw air the wrong way round it will also let water so it broken

Just take it off and blow throw it both ways it takes less than 2 mins to take it of and put it back

If you can't blow one way but can the other it's fine

Ok I tried it the other and nothing came out do it is positioned right. I blew threw it and it goes through but not as much. So I don't really know what's wrong with it. It says it prevents back siphoning when the air pump is turned of but it still backs up a lot, all the way to the waters surface... Maybe I just need a new one

I would pick up a couple more. Sometimes they stick (causing back pressure on the air pump) and other times do not seal properly. You should not see the air "recede" up the tubing with a functioning, properly directed check valve.

I have a cheap dollar one and it restricted my flow ever so slightly

I have 2 kinds, the one with floss in it and the ball valve one, def like the ball valve better, you can see it floating in there when air is on.

Just form a loop.in the airline so that there is a couple of.inches clear of the water surface and there will be no back syphoning. Or put the pump.above the water surface. Then get rid of the check valve.... your pump is under pressure trying to resist gravity already, the valve is increasing resistance

Back
Top Bottom