Chemi pure elite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cbcrash

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a lot of diatom in my 2 75s. Anyone ever use chemi pure elite with great success? My lighting is 10000k. I use half ro half tap. Have fancy goldfish.

I have a lot of diatom in my 2 75s. Anyone ever use chemi pure elite with great success? My lighting is 10000k. I use half ro half tap. Have fancy goldfish.

Never used it in freshwater but some do. I've had success with purigen in my freshwater tank. I sometimes run 2 bags. It helps.

How long has your tank been running? Diatoms are normal in a newly established tank.

+1
Diatoms are normal in new tank and will usually burn themselves out in a couple of months. I would also increase your water changes and reduce your lighting period- 10K lighting on a fw tank is overkill. I only have ever had diatom outbreaks when I have upgraded lights/bulbs.

My tank has been established. It's not new. It's been running at least a few years. Diatom is all over the decor and caves. Some on glass. Does Purigen remove diatoms? My tank is 24 inches deep. Plus I have live plants. 6500k wasn't cutting it. My top is plexiglas too.

Adding purigen will not remove diatoms. You should have the silicate & phosphate levels checked in the water your using and see if theres an issue with these.

Adding purigen will not remove diatoms. You should have the silicate & phosphate levels checked in the water your using and see if theres an issue with these.

+1 purigen will do nothing for you. Check as stated your phosphates and silicate levels. Also what's your lighting schedule and water change schedule like?

I change half the water once a week. Lighting is on a timer 8 to 6. Ammonia is usually .25, before I use half and half. Not sure what it is now. Nitrite 0 nitrate 5.0. High ranger Ph 8.2. My ro ph is 6.4.

Chemi-Pure elite controls silicates and phosphates. I rund 2 bags of chemi-pure elite in my 44g cichlid tank. I'm satisfied with the results and recommend it if you can get a good deal on it ($12 or less/bag).

I put 2 in my 75. How long should i keep them in there? I also use phos guard in the other 75

It depends on your tank. They are good for 3-6 months. I put a new one in each three months. this way each runs for 6 months, but I only have to replace one at a time. Phosguard is by seachem, right? I haven't use it, but I remember reading on the box one time that it is only to be used until your phosphate level is decreased to a certain level. For some reason I'm thinking its good for like 2 weeks. I could be wrong. You can look into this online at seachem.com

Chemi pure elite is awesome no doubt about it. I love running purigen in my AC110's on my 75g mixed cichlid tank.

Yea Seachem makes phos guard. It's the first time Im using it. I may just get elite for the other tank.

Back
Top Bottom