cherry barb problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyperson3010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,
A few weeks ago I posted a thread saying that my 2 female cherry barbs died in unusual circumstances. Now the male I brought with them is acting peculiar and has a whitish body and dark red fins. Also the one I inherited from a friend is as fat as anything, but it is male (I think)
Any ideas?
Thanks

Just found last one dead, don't think I'll get anymore

The problem with not knowing what the problem is is that it may not be localized to just, it's obviously contagious and it may have just taken the barbs first. What else is in the tank? I don't suggest getting any other fish until you know what the cause of death is, fish don't just drop one by one unless its something, especially since one of them was from a totally different stock. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming you by any means, you just need to play detective for a bit

The problem with not knowing what the problem is is that it may not be localized to just, it's obviously contagious and it may have just taken the barbs first. What else is in the tank? I don't suggest getting any other fish until you know what the cause of death is, fish don't just drop one by one unless its something, especially since one of them was from a totally different stock. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming you by any means, you just need to play detective for a bit

The fish I have are
From a friend in April last years
1 Bolivian ram
1 neon tetra

I had in previous tank and brought:
1 head and tail light tetra
1 honey gourami
2 zebra loach
4 peppered corys
1 Molly
1 leopardfish, Phalloceros caudimaculatus
1 guppy

I won't get anymore fish as I want to move the tank and figure That it would be easier with less fish

Back
Top Bottom