Cherry shrimp and platys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they'll eat them. If they don't eat them out right if they ever get hungry enough they will peck at them till they die. I've tried several different species of fish with dwarf shrimp and most do not work.

The only reason i want these guys is to see if i can get them to breed. I got 2 fire eels in a 125 gallon... And there picky eaters... They love blood worms but go CRAZY for shrimp... Its fun to watch : )

jetajockey said:
I think they'll eat them. If they don't eat them out right if they ever get hungry enough they will peck at them till they die. I've tried several different species of fish with dwarf shrimp and most do not work.

Don't most dwarf shrimp (other than RCS) require brackish conditions to reproduce?

But my biggest problem is my clown knife... She will only eat live food. Ive tried everything and have starved her for a week and she refuses all other food. Freeze dried or frozen.. Including brine shrimp

My local pet store breeds cherry shrimp in a 20 gallon tank with a sponge filter and a few plants.. Now he is always stocked with babies

dpfitness23 said:
Cherry shrimp

Yeah that what I was saying, red cherry shrimp or RCS reproduce in freshwater. But most shrimp need brackish conditions to reproduce. Or am I incorrect?

Back
Top Bottom