Cherry Shrimp Questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirCastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
i recently got 4 cherry shrimp from my LFS and they're about half a quarter inch each. i want to put them in a spare 5 gallon i have until they grow a bit bigger, will this be ok? or should i just put them in my main right away? in my tank i have mollies, platies, glass cats, angelicus botia loaches, sword tails, snails, danios, a red tailed shark, and a bolivian ram and a zig zag eel

SirCastic said:
i recently got 4 cherry shrimp from my LFS and they're about half a quarter inch each. i want to put them in a spare 5 gallon i have until they grow a bit bigger, will this be ok? or should i just put them in my main right away? in my tank i have mollies, platies, glass cats, angelicus botia loaches, sword tails, snails, danios, a red tailed shark, and a bolivian ram and a zig zag eel

Personally, I'd put them in the 5 gallon and keep them there. Put some plants around them and call it a day! :)

I say this because of their small adult size, these beauties become snacks for your other fish.

I agree leave them in the 5 or they will be a pretty snack.

That eel would love them. My Fire Eel lives off of Ghost Shrimp.

That eel would love them. My Fire Eel lives off of Ghost Shrimp.

My Zig zag eel hasn't eaten my ghost shrimp for the 2 weeks he has been in the tank, nor went after my bamboo shrimp or my crab.

SirCastic said:
My Zig zag eel hasn't eaten my ghost shrimp for the 2 weeks he has been in the tank, nor went after my bamboo shrimp or my crab.

Yes but they are bigger shrimp. Trust me, they will be eaten! . Good luck

Back
Top Bottom