cherry shrimp tank mate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtanee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for a species that will do well with RCS. Even if a couple get picked off that's okay but I dont want the colony to totally be able to stop reproducing.
Its a 15 gallon planted sand bottom.
I want a nano species of fish.
Something like scarlet badis or shell dwellers.
I've heard shell dwellers are not a good choice though, and I'm finding it hard to get anything but male scarlet badis.
I dont want something like raboras or tetras. I prefer a lower half dwelling fish.
I can't find anything that really fits the bill, anyone have any ideas??

Burmese Rosy Loaches, Multi Striped Pygmy Loaches, Dwarf Anchor cats, and small Gobies like Blue Cobalts. The tank is going to look empty if you don't have some type of mid schooler IMO. I run a 55g and 24g nano fish tanks with a large variety of nano fish.

It actually doesn't look to empty with no fish in it actually. I think because its small and I have tall plants. I might check out those gobies! They sound cool!

I have had Endlers and chili rasboras. I think the Endlers ate more shrimp then the rasboras did.

I have chili and neon rasboras (30 of each), scarlet badis, clown killifish, Burmese rosy loaches, multi stripe pygmy loaches, cp danios, and aspidoras in with fire red cherry shrimp and the only shrimp that sometimes gets eaten are the tiny hatchlings.

The other nano tank has spotted blue eyes, ember tetras, purple pencilfish, multi striped pygmy loaches, dwarf anchor cats, and blue cobalt gobies and I don't have shrimp issues there either. I also have Mexican orange dwarf crayfish and Thai micro crabs.

If a tank is heavily planted you usually don't have too much if any issues with nano fish and small shrimp, except for very young baby shrimp.

OP just so you know the blue cobalt gobies are diggers and prefer a sand or fine substrate like eco complete fine grade.

I have sand as my substrate with ecocomplete on the bottom

The sand will eventually work down under the eco since it is small grained. The gobies will help mix it as well.

Had a 20g tank with cherry shrimp. In it were celestial pearl danios, green neon tetras and pygmy Cory's. Cherry shrimp bred like crazy. Java moss really helps give babies a safe place to hide.

The sand will eventually work down under the eco since it is small grained. The gobies will help mix it as well.

I got the large granule ecocomplete doesn't seem to be going under just yet. I have about a 1.5 inch cap

Had a 20g tank with cherry shrimp. In it were celestial pearl danios, green neon tetras and pygmy Cory's. Cherry shrimp bred like crazy. Java moss really helps give babies a safe place to hide.

I was thinking of the pygmy Corie's they're really cute!!!

Back
Top Bottom