Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Chinese Algea Eaters

I have done a little research on the chinese algea eaters and it seems they are aggressive. Does anyone have any experience with them? I have a 29g and a 55g tank with gouramis, rainbows and angelfish. Because they are flat I'm concerned. Advice and recommendations please.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey there and welcome to AA! I have had problems with the CAE and angelfish. Came home one day and found 2 of them finishing off my golden veiltail. I wasn't sure if it had died and they were capitalizing, but later I watched them try to attach to one of my other angels and they were out of there! I don't think the rainbows would hold still long enough to get hurt, but gouramis and angelfish might. Also, I had the CAE in there for several months with no problem but once they started getting a little bigger, they got a lot more aggressive. Good luck and sorry for the essay!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBob View Post
Came home one day and found 2 of them finishing off my golden veiltail. I wasn't sure if it had died and they were capitalizing.....
Same here. I lost both of my marble veiltail angels and the CAE was on both of them each time. Mine has killed numerous fish and attacks my poor Cory relentlessly. They also get to a foot long so you need to rehome yours ASAP.

GuppyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sounds like this is not the fish for me. My angels are small and of course slow moving. I even baby them to make sure they get enough to eat and sure don't want them to be eaten. Thanks for the help.

Tags
algea, chi, eat, eater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com