"chocolate" BNP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I asked my LFS about ordering bristlenose plecos. He read his supply list and said, "Do you want regular, albino, or chocolate?"

What are chocolate BNPs?! A different color brown than the regular BNP?

Pleco11771 said:
What's your tank setup? And if you have babies reserve one for Meh? Hehe

Yeah we'll see if they can settle in first! I'll keep them separated in two 30g tanks, and then I'll try breeding them in one of my 20gs. I wish I had more space for them.

That's be friggin sweet. I'm slowly working to that but I haven't come up with a good reason why we need a tank in our bathroom lol.

Be wary of what you read.... I've seen some really terrible advice on that site.

severum mama said:
Be wary of what you read.... I've seen some really terrible advice on that site.

Is that so? I'm glad you mentioned that, I had no idea!! Use that size as a reference for what to feed fish, for example what ottos might like to eat besides algae. I'm bummed, I hoped that was a great site! Another reason to always come here first and check out past and current threads.

Well, looks like nobody knows what a chocolate BNP is! I should be getting these guys by Saturday and I will take pictures of them to share. I am so interested to see if they are in fact a different color morph than a "regular" BNP

I don't know what they are because common names are just kinda made up and they don't really tell us anything. If you had an L number or LDA number, or a species name (if it is a described species) it would be a lot easier to figure out what the fish actually looks like.

How many did you get?

I asked for a pair but they only got one for today's shipment. I'll try to determine the sex of this little one and then hopefully complete the pair at another time. It's my first pleco afterall! And this one is about 3." Almost an adult?

You know, google images shows that regular BNP have the mottled colors that mine has. What's the difference between the calico and regular morphs?

Back
Top Bottom