chocolate gourami fry & guppy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yv1

Aquarium Advice Activist
eep! i just had a population explosion in my tank.

i came home and started to plant my narrowleaf java fern and while doing so, i finally looked under the makeshift plastic piece i put to dissipate the filters water smoother....and behold!

there are about 40 some fry. some are my chocolate gouramis, i have never ever in my entire life bred these and i have no idea how this happened....but then mixed in are also guppy fry.

what do i do!???! i only have one floating breeder tank by lee, should i put them all in???

what shoul be kept separate and what should be put in the breeder tank...how many fry can one of these breeder things hold???????

and do the gourami parents eat the young??

eep. help please!

Wow, congratulations! :)

Its my understanding that gouramis will eat their fry, as well as the guppies. I think I'd put as many as you can catch into the breeder tank and keep your fingers crossed until they get a little bigger.

i got about 30 into the breeder, i think there are still about 15-20 wandering around, i cnat catch them all, they slip right through the net holes..so im trying to scoop them up with a small cup...those last 15 are fast little suckers.

figured just let nature take its course on those. :p

Congrats on the chocolate gourami fry. They are cool fish. You might even be able to sell them to the LFS.

Back
Top Bottom