choosing some new fish.. help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edward198

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 15 gallon tank that I am looking to add a few more fish too in a few weeks, so im planning what to add and waiting for the right fish to come into my local LFS. I currently only have one male dwarf gourami in the tank and thats all, hes about 1.5 inches long..

Is it true about the 1 inch per gallon rule?

And what fish will look good as well as go with the gourami?

I really like panda corys..swordtails and cichlids. Not sure what I can out together though.. so all help is needed thank you.. Please feel free to totally set up my tank with new fish haha!

The 1 inch per gallon rule is awful dont use it. In a 15 gallon with a dwarf gourami I would get a group of 5 panda cories, and 6 harlequin rasbora

The cichlids and swordtails get to big. Or they won't live well with the gourami

The 1 inch per gallon rule is awful dont use it. In a 15 gallon with a dwarf gourami I would get a group of 5 panda cories, and 6 harlequin rasbora

The cichlids and swordtails get to big. Or they won't live well with the gourami

Thanks.. is there any other bottom dwellers that look better than the corys?

Do you have a sand substrate? If you do I would say banded kuhli loaches.

No worries the Cory's are really cool bottom feeders actually they are very interesting to watch trust me you won't regret getting them!

No worries the Cory's are really cool bottom feeders actually they are very interesting to watch trust me you won't regret getting them!

Good! Plus I think they look fantastic!

They are awesome! You could get a schooling fish to like I was saying.

Yeah the rasboras look cool any other schooling fish I could get with or instead?

Instead you could go with lemon tetras, cardinal tetras, neon tetras, rummy osw tetras are a few. You could only do 1 school though

Harlequin rasboras are really cool fish. I also really like cherry barbs they don't school like the rasboras do but they are super cute

Back
Top Bottom