Chosing Brackish Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amphibianboy528

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi
I started a new brackish aquarium and i need choices for fish.i currently have 2 mollies 2 butterfly gobies 2 clown gobies 1 bumble bee goby 2 fancy guppies.I need choices for mai tank so pls give me some species that go along with mai fish right now
i realli luv mai fish

First off, you're mixing brackish fish with FW fish. Guppies, although can survive for a period of time in brackish/SW are more from softwater. The rest are brackish however, it would be best to keep a specific gravity of around 1.008 for those species.

I would just leave it as is (BTW you don't mention tank size), get some more Bumble bee gobies as they prefer colonies and don't generally do well alone.

Make sure you're using marine salt, not aquarium salt and get yourself a hydrometer.

How large is the tank? How long has it been set up?
I had Mollies in with my bb gobies, but they were too piggish and had to go. Depending on the size of the tank, I may have a recommendation for you.

BTW~
[center:2387558487] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, amphibianboy528!! :n00b: [/center:2387558487]

well i have a 15 gallon tank and it has been running for a week now.and i was going to get two bb gobies when i was buying the but they only had one.so i just bought 1.i am planning to goto my LFS on tuesday to see if the have any bb gobies and get more.But i still net your guys suggestions of fidh for my BW tank. :D

What you have now (minus the guppies, of course) is getting very close to the maximum you will want in a 15...perhaps add 2 more BB gobies, and you will be at capacity.

amphibianboy528 said:
well i saw on a website that all live bearers are good for brackish aquariums

..and I saw on a website that Elvis is alive and that the moon landing was faked.....just goes to show that you should double-check anything you see on a website...especially when you are dealing with live animals' welfare.

amphibianboy528 said:
well i saw on a website that all live bearers are good for brackish aquariums

Most websites are the last place to get info on ANY pet or animal. Forums are the best place to go for info and advice. Most websites on pets or animals in general are inaccurate or generally wrong info.

The fish I was going to suggest will not work in this sized tank. If the tank has only been running for a week, it is not fully cycled. What are the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels? What is the salinity level?

Back
Top Bottom