Cichlid Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquamandan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking of starting a second aquarium, probably 75 gallons, maybe a little bigger. What are some of the "rules" for an all cichlid aquarium?
Which ones should I avoid? Which ones should I buy in pairs?

Thanks for your insights!:thanks:

Well you don't have to have ONLY cichlids. You can have a community with cichlids in it. What are you looking for? A few large ones or more quantity with smaller sizes. There is lots and lots of options.

Well you don't have to have ONLY cichlids. You can have a community with cichlids in it. What are you looking for? A few large ones or more quantity with smaller sizes. There is lots and lots of options.

Going for quantity, smaller size and lots of color.

Rams, you could do at least two pairs, maybe even more if they are docile. They come in German blue, electric blue, gold, balloon, and Bolivian. Also there is apistogramma, there is lots of different kinds of them with all sorts of colors. Another option could be a mix of medium sized ones like fire mouth, festivum, Acara, keyhole, geophagus, and severums.

For being "cookie cutter" tanks, there was a lot of harder to find fish. At least hard to find for me.

I don't purchase anything local, you'll never find anything cool or unique if you limit yourself to what other people think is a good stock list.

Last edited:
Well I get everything from my local places. Im a local business kind of guy. I haven't ventured into the online purchasing of fish. I guess I'm old fashion.

Back
Top Bottom