Circulation pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stewy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am trying to figure out my ultimate setup on a 240 gallon. I am currently running a Fluval FX6 and I love it. I have had a couple people recommend that I run two...but the budget at this time will not allow. So my thoughts are at circulation pumps and the old trusty airstone. My tank is 78" long and I am trying to figure out what I need if I go with a cric pump/powerhead. I do not want a super strong current, but I do want the water to move. I have looked at some of the pumps out there and I am trying to figure out the gph that I need in a pump that will move my water around without creating a fast moving current. Also what pumps do you guys recommend?

If I remember correctly, FX5 moves ~1000gph. I think is very low flow.

IME Koralia has some good circulation pumps. Get 2 of them and place them on opposite sides of the tank. Get a 3rd if you wish.

If you feel like its too many pumps, then consider one Jebo WP40.

It is a little slow which is why I do think I may eventually add another. At the time being though, I am limited and cant afford to do so. Thank you for the input. Does anyone know what GPH I should shoot for in the circulation pumps.

Back
Top Bottom