Clamped fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite often, it's a signal of poor water params.

What are your readings and is the tank cycled?

Tank is cycled and has been for months now. I have no idea what the params are because for now I have no test kit. (Left at my dads). But I just did a 50% water change just in case. I asked because the only fish that has clamped fins is an angel I just added on Sunday so I thought it could be stress.

If you could have your water tested, that would be great. It's always the first thing we ask for when there's an issue.

It could very well be that the fish is nervous but do watch for illness. Did you QT the angel? Do the other fish look good?

The only thing I have right now are strips on me. The liquid is at my dads because something was wrong with his tank. But no the angel wasn't qt. I know I should of but I didn't think about it. But it is the only one like this. All others are fine.

Picture of it.
Sorry was taken on my phone

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111220_141654.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111220_141654.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 63
Yes. But its not hiding. Its just swimming around like this is the best thing in its life. Its really confusing.

I don't have angels, although I love them. Have you had them before? Are you sure it's clamped fins and not somewhat normal for the species?

No I've never had it. Maybe your right and I'm worrying for nothing. I'll keep an eye out just in case.

Back
Top Bottom