clams in the filter!(just an idea)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evilameba

Aquarium Advice Activist
most freshwater clams and mussels like fast flowing water right? could you add some burrowing substrate to a filter and put them in there? since they filter feed, they would pick up stuff right?? it would help the filtration and provide a succsessful enviroment for FW clams or mussel!( i think..)
just an idea. what do yall think? i found some before and added them to my tank. they seemed to be doing fine, i dug them up every once in awhile to see if they were stil alive...they always were. them the loach ate them:( ah well. they were cute lil things, only about 1cm.
if anyone, especially someone who has kept these little critters would shed some light on this subject??

i guess it is possible might really be the best place for them. like you sated its really hard to know when tehy die. when they do do it they can foul the water. being in the filter them breaking down could even faster send off ammonia spikes.

its why they are not common in the trade. hard to feed hard to keep alive hard to know if they die. its not impossible just hard.

Back
Top Bottom