Clarifying treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So should I try furan-2 and kanaplex? Different people tell me different things so I’m just trying to clarify.

IMG_8872.jpgIMG_8873.jpg

IMO, probably best to euthanize the affected fish. The white patch looks a lot like Columnaris.
If the other tankmates look okay, then there are two choices; treat the tank with antibiotics, or
skip the meds, concentrate on keeping the tank water in top condition, and hope for the best.

Yes the proper treatment for columnaris is furan 2 and kanaplex used TOGETHER, I also don't know if you have a school but tetras are schooling (off topic), columnaris will wrote it your whole tank if you do not treat for it, you can move the affected fish to quarantine treat him individually and monitor the other fish, or the alternative is to euthanize the Tetra, monitor your other fish have the meds on hand in case you see anything and treat them immediately, also turn down the temperature on your tank to 74-75 degrees.

When bandit tells you something you should listen to him, especially when it comes to medications and fish diseases, columnaris is NOT something to "wait and see"

I had it 6 years ago, killed 31 fish in 2 weeks, my fault as my tank was way overstocked and I didn't know what I was doing back then.

I agree listen to bandit I have a bout of white spot took the effected tetras out and just euthanised them. Don't wait to have a look and see if gets better,

I had it 6 years ago, killed 31 fish in 2 weeks, my fault as my tank was way overstocked and I didn't know what I was doing back then.

Had it in 2010, wiped out 20 fish in 3 days. I almost quit fish forever.

Back
Top Bottom