Clean Decorations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SolusUmbra

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wasn't really sure where to post this but, I was wondering what is the best way to clean some really old decorations on the inside?

Could try a new toothbrush or a new pipe cleaner stick, or if you could get a rag stuffed in it you might have some luck like that

So you're trying to cleanse the soul of a diver guarding a chest or a spongebob pineapple?? Either way.. say 3 hail Mary's and do a cartwheel. Soak them in hot water for 10 minutes, scrub them down and repeat. Vinegar may loosen deposits.

Dragons have many nooks and crannies.. many... They're magestical.. treat the Dragon with respect and clean it thoroughly, your fish will thank you 200x.

Wasn't really sure where to post this but, I was wondering what is the best way to clean some really old decorations on the inside?

are you talking about the ceramic ones? I used to run them through the dish washer I first ran a quick rinse to get any left over detergent out
the hot water always made them come out clean just don't use detergent(y)

Dragons have many nooks and crannies.. many... They're magestical.. treat the Dragon with respect and clean it thoroughly, your fish will thank you 200x.
+2 there's nothing worse for a fish than an angry dirty underwater majestical fish dragon! [emoji44]

I would not use dish washer even without detergent.
I know of a breeder that used to wash his egg trays in dishwasher till they all started going bad before hatching.
We all believe there was something still in tray as ceramic and many 'pottery' type decos do absorb [especially heated and dried] just about anything in the water....
A clean scrub brush dedicated to fish [like your buckets hopefully] is useful tool along with scrubbies and a toothbrush MO..

I use diluted hydrogen peroxide and rinse....thoroughly....mainly for algae ....

Back
Top Bottom