Clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishnewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have a 190 litre trigon tank with 10 zebra danios, 10 neons, betta, 2 corys and 2 clown plecs. What could I get as a clean up crew as I don't think I could have shrimps as they are scary looking! They sort of remind me of spiders ...
I have a sand substrate and an internal filter. My water readings are 0 for ammonia and nitrite and 6.5 for ph and 10 for nitrate.
Thanks in advance for any help xx

how many gallons is 190 litres? depending on the answer,more corys(6 or more is best)

Hi, I have a 190 litre trigon tank with 10 zebra danios, 10 neons, betta, 2 corys and 2 clown plecs. What could I get as a clean up crew as I don't think I could have shrimps as they are scary looking! They sort of remind me of spiders ...
I have a sand substrate and an internal filter. My water readings are 0 for ammonia and nitrite and 6.5 for ph and 10 for nitrate.
Thanks in advance for any help xx

I know you mentioned about the shrimp being scary looking but like MrLimpet mentioned Amanos, THAT is what I call a clean up crew....from algae to waste to leftover food....heck they even clean my assassin snails, thats how thorough they are. Having that along with my corys, the bottom of my tank is always clean ( or most of the time I should say(y))

Amano Shrimp like I mentioned are thorough with their cleaning, assassin snails isnt a must, just if you need to help with say, too much pond snails (which sometimes come with the plants you buy and then can reproduce like crazy if you overfeed, which I was guilty of at first).

Corys, there are so many types to choose from, see what gets your attention. I have Panda and Pepper corys and they are very hardy and get along with everyone, great fish to have.

I have 2 corys just now - they are called elegans or something like that. Very cute and always busy knocking the sand off my driftwood and rooting around .....
I will have to see if my local aquarium shop sells shrimps. Are there any fish that can't go in a tank with them? I would like dwarf gouramis and platy's but not sure if they will all get on.

I will have to see if my local aquarium shop sells shrimps. Are there any fish that can't go in a tank with them? I would like dwarf gouramis and platy's but not sure if they will all get on.

Think someone who has those kind of fish would be best to answer that question, I have Guppys/Mollies and Swordtails and they all live in harmony, dont have cases of nippers or bullying fish.

When you all set stocking your tank, be sure to add pics.:popcorn:

Hey warthog, you said amano shrimp are super good cleaners and mentioned "waste" do they eat fish poop? Are they territorial/get along with other shrimps?

hippy guy said:
Hey warthog, you said amano shrimp are super good cleaners and mentioned "waste" do they eat fish poop? Are they territorial/get along with other shrimps?

They're the best cleaners IMO, eat poop and mine get along with Ghosties, RCS and CRS.

Awesome.. I'm going to get 3 or 4.. do they molt like ghost shrimp? Will they try to eat each other during this? Also, about how large would they get? Sorry for all the questions, my lfs is getting some tomorow and I've been on the fence about it

In your opinion is my tank too new for amanos as I have no algae that I can see? The fish poo however is driving me mad!! I Hoover it up every second day!!

Back
Top Bottom