clean up crew needed for my 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muddlehead

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok here is the dilema, i have a 10 gal which i recently added plants to with 20 wpg and no CO2, since the introduction of the plants i have been getting more build up on the glass, i got a little before the plants but nothing like the way it is now, i dont really like algea eaters and i was thinking of a snail or two, but i have heard about some snails multiplying uncontrolably so which ones should i get?? i currently dont have any bottum feeders etither, i want to keep the tank relatively low stocked so i have room for plants and fish alike, so i was thinking of a cory but are those social fishes that need company??, or are there any corys that can be by themselves?? a fish that would clean plants as well as feed off the bottum would be nice. i know this is quite the list of requirements, i figured there has to be a fish out there that can do all of these things though, thanks for the help :D

10 gallon with 5 zebra danios, 3 rummy nose, and 3 pristellas...too many fish with small schools for 10 gallons
That is correct. Luckily 10 gallon tanks are small and easy to clean by hand. Cories are super cute, but will not clean up what you need cleaned up. I love snails, but they don't keep things super tidy. The best thing is to lessen the amount of food and increase the amount of cleaning. Excess nutrients (and plenty of light) is excellerating the growth rate of the build up.

I think all cories like company and do not eat algae. Otos like company but a couple will help with diatom algae. The animals that fit your wants best imo are algae eating shrimp and/or nerite snails, but the former are best kept without fish. Unfortunately until you get the new tank I think at most you could add two otos to the tank in your signature. You have 20watts for 2wpg?

i actually have 19 watts of NO but close enough, but i do like your suggestion for otos i hadnt really thought about them yet, and i have been scrubbing the glass by hand for now, its not out of control or anything i would just rather have a fish do it

Back
Top Bottom