cleaning a glass aquarium cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kaz said:
how about for the inside glass and trims of the aquarium itself not for the covers?

If you mean the black trim where the glass top sits inside, that little rim does get deposits too. I carefully use a Q-tip dipped in vinegar to swab around the rim. I let the vinegar "puddle" up slightly (not enough to drip back into the tank) and let this sit for 5-10 minutes. I use a dry Q-tip to soak up the vinegar, and then use another Q-tip dipped in water to rinse, and a paper towel to dry it when I'm done.

bs6749 is right - keep the glass wet and you shouldn't scratch anything. I pour vinegar on my glass tops (just a little) and use a paper towel to spread it around. I let that sit until the deposits start to get soft, then I wring out a paper towel soaked with water over the glass to wet it some more. Then I use the razor blade (one from the box cutter refill package) to scrape the softened deposits right off. Of course I do this on the kitchen counter and not over the tank!

Back
Top Bottom