Cleaning crew.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chtzone

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. I have 16gallon planted tank with fluval u2 filter. Keeping 12 neon tetras. They are living there for 2weeks now. Need a cleaning crew. Any suggestions?

Mystery snails are awesome for cleaning.

In my experience they create a massive amount of waste, and need a lot of food to stay healthy and active. They aren't great cleaners IMO as they're too big to get in the nooks and crannies of a planted tank.

Assassin snails, cherry/amano shrimp and pygmy corys or dwarf chain loaches would be my vote.

You'd still have to feed them, though. You can't rely on your CUC to just eat scraps and not need any proper nutrition. Drop them some pellets every day.

Put in 30 Cherry Shrimp and 2-4 ramshorn or pond snail.

I have 5 Amano shrimp in a 10 gal, they are fantastic cleaners, fun to watch too!

Which dwarf corrys can i get. As i know they need to be in school. How many of them is best to keep and wouldnt my tank be overcrowded with them?

200px-Corydoras_pygmaeus-6746.jpg

These ones. They're called Pygmy Corys. They and the shrimp have a small bioload. It won't overstock your tank. Not by much. Make sure you feed the little guys.

Or you can go with Corydoras Hasbrosas (Dainty Cory or Salt and Pepper Cory). It is a little larger than the pygmy, but not by much and has a bit more color.
Z

Back
Top Bottom