Cleaning fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do I need water to dilute distilled vinegar or just apply vinegar direct. Do I apply and scrub or let it stand for a while? What part vinegar to water I water is needed?

Thanks

Just use vinigar on a soft cloth. A bit of perceverance and elbow grease and it will come clean. Rinse well with warm water afterwards.

What I did was put the tank in the bath tub (this was a 10 gallon not sure what to do with anything larger) and filled it up with hot water. Then I poured some vinegar in after the tank was filled. I let it sit for a couple of hours. All the crap that was in the tank come off with no problem and the tank looks brand new. :)

Thanks but I think my bath is smaller than the tank haha. Done a great job though with the vinegar and elbow grease. :)

Attachments

• image-1005819474.jpg
    image-1005819474.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2231840106.jpg
    image-2231840106.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 73
Thanks. It's a 40 gallon imperial. I already have

8 harlequin rasbora
5 neon tetra
3 swordtail 1 male 2 female
2 german blue ram male and female
1 panda Cory

I'll almost definitely be adding another 4 corys and 5 neons

Maybe a peaceful gourami such as the honey gourami. Hopefully they will be ok with the rams?

Would an angel fish be ok with the rams?

Angels and rams temperaments are fine together, but their temp needs are different. Gbr's need the tank to be hotter at about 30 degrees c, and at that temp angels will grow rapidly and die a lot younger, and I wouldn't keep angels with neons either. As the angels get bigger they will probably ambush hunt the neons at night and you'll come down in the morning to less neons.

Yeh I thought about the angel/neon dilemma. I'll have to stick with some smaller gouramis.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom