Cleaning tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlow115

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone got a question so I have a 10g freshwater tank was really cloudy and did an API test nitrate and ammonia were high so I put bateria solution in and waited more then 48 hours and even got worse so today I water changed it and it was ok for ahwile and now it's starting to get cloudy again why could this be?

Has the tank been properly cycled yet? How long has it been up? What are the fish you have in there and quantity?

Well I've had the tank for about 3 months I just changed 25% of water cause it got bad cause the bacteria solution didn't help and it was ok for a bit then got worse again not as bad as before though I have 4 tiger barbs and one yo yo loach a snail and a sucker fish

What kind of bacteria solution are you using? Whats your substrate? Is it a white cloudiness or greenish?

It's called nutrafin cycle biological aquarium supplement and before it was a greenish no algae on the sides at all I changes the water clear before but not more a whiteish

Jlow115 said:
It's called nutrafin cycle biological aquarium supplement and before it was a greenish no algae on the sides at all I changes the water clear before but not more a whiteish

I'm sorry to say but that cycle product doesn't really work. For bac in a bottle, Dr. Tims Aquatics One and Only ( http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3975+18986&pcatid=18986) or Tetra Safe Start work for new tanks or filters that need a boost (if you can't seed from another tank). But given that your setup had been running for 3 months, there should be some buildup of ben bac by now. Unless you're somehow killing them off or if there is inadequate filtration and/or overfeeding? Something else might be going on. What type of filter are you using? How often are you doing you PWC's? What were the parameter readings on the API test kit?

Oh really alright it was good for ahwile an all the sudden it's been getting bad even after cleaning it the API ammonia was little high 0.25ppm nitrate was 20ppm the rest were good ammonia is 0.25 right out tap though

If your ammonia is .25 from your tapwater and your aquarium water is still at .25 then you must have some bb established already.
Are you changing your filter media at all? Don't.
What were your nitrites at?

I changed my filter out once and now kept it in you thinks it's a bad filter

Is it bad of my nitrates are at 0ppm I just did a water change if it's bad what should I do

Back
Top Bottom