Clear balls showing up in aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

L_Hancock

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been keeping a 10 gallon aquarium since last fall, and this week clear balls about 3/4" around started showing up. One day there was one, then four, and today I believe there are still four. I picked one of them up, and it's not slimy, and it feels somewhat solid (I didn't try to squash it, though).

I have a big snail (and tons of little ones), ghost shrimp (some carrying eggs), a paradise fish, two zebra danios (one of them is gravid ... had 3 but one jumped out by the filter), a platy, and a paradise fish in there. Any ideas? I've been doing bi-weekly cleaning by changing 1/3 of the water (replacing with RO), and vacuuming the gravel ... I'm guessing they're not eggs, since they're so big in comparison to my fish??? If not eggs, though, what are they?

(since I can't figure out how to include the picture I took, I've set it as my profile picture ...)

P.S. I put them in a separate container with an air-stone so that you could see them better

I've been keeping a 10 gallon aquarium since last fall, and this week clear balls about 3/4" around started showing up. One day there was one, then four, and today I believe there are still four. I picked one of them up, and it's not slimy, and it feels somewhat solid (I didn't try to squash it, though).

I have a big snail (and tons of little ones), ghost shrimp (some carrying eggs), a paradise fish, two zebra danios (one of them is gravid ... had 3 but one jumped out by the filter), a platy, and a paradise fish in there. Any ideas? I've been doing bi-weekly cleaning by changing 1/3 of the water (replacing with RO), and vacuuming the gravel ... I'm guessing they're not eggs, since they're so big in comparison to my fish??? If not eggs, though, what are they?

(since I can't figure out how to include the picture I took, I've set it as my profile picture ...)

P.S. I put them in a separate container with an air-stone so that you could see them better

I looked at your picture, but it is really hard to see what you are talking about.
Also, You are overstocked. Too big of fish for a ten gal. Have you tested your water for ammonia, nitrates, nitrites and ph? Use an API testing kit instead of the strips. Without knowing some of this, it's hard to tell you what is going on. I run a 20g and a 10g. I do a WC every week, and about 50%.
In the ten I have a betta. You have just about as what I have in my 20g. It is also heavily planted to help with the levels. As far as what the bubbles can be caused by, can't help you til I see a better pic. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom