cloudy, sudsy and soapy aquarium cycle.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laoski

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello forgive me if someone already asked this question but i browsed through the forums and i quite didnt found the answers i was looking for.

i already had 2 aquariums before and i never had any problems with cycling them then i bought a new one. in the beginning, it was only synthetic designs - plastic flowers and background and gravel - it didnt got cloudy. the next day - i bought driftwood and anubias and anchored the plants into the driftwood. normally - the tannin would just come out from the driftwood (always doing this withouth washing the wood and it works for me) so im confident about the situation, i added also astra for bacteria bloom (baktalysator)- which i had never done before.

the next day - it got cloudy (normal for me) but the water is soapy and sudsy and bubbles like from the bubble soap keeps floating on the top and i was suprised that the driftwood didnt released tannin that makes the water brown.

on the 4th day - the water was so cloudy that i could hardly see anything from it then i did water change about a fourth of the aquarium (240 liters).

im going to add the discus fish in my old aquarium to this one.

could you please explain to me whats happening? i know water cycle and i had been doing it the past 2 aquariums and i never had any problems. i never experienced something like this before or if you know links that had my same problems please post it in here. thank you!

Welcome to AA!

What dechlorinator are you using? I find that Tetra Aqua Safe will get pretty foamy when I dose for the volume of the tank (changing water with a Python).

The only other thing I can think of is, are you doing a fishless cycle? Ammonia with surfactants is kind of foamy, I think.

here is the first day set up of the aquarium with synthetic and plastic design plus black gravel: (and also the astra for bacteria bloom (baktalysator) and water conditioner)

430969_3200388777030_1485381427_32966196_2000408720_n.jpg

on the second day i put anubias and driftwood into it - water was still clear.

405639_3207639358290_1485381427_32967967_1667927687_n.jpg

on the 3rd day and up to now it looked like this: its more worse - i just changed about 1/4 of water and put some crystal clear solution just recently.

scaled.php

then the soapy and sudsy bubbles:

scaled.php

scaled.php

these are the chemicals/ conditioners i added for the first time: (sorry its in german though coz i live in germany) and i hope your familiar with these products.

ASTRA-Wasseraufbereiter-BAKTALYSATOR.jpg

11564-636-284-0-wasseraufbereiter%20astra.JPG

base from the pics i showed - for the people who have experienced this - is it just the microbacterias blooming and breaking inside the tank? any suggestive links from forums or other websites - your tips and experiences are great appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom