Cloudy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

9ujy

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a five gallon tank and I used one of the perfect ph packets to bring it down to 7.0 now the water is all cloudy.I did a 50% water change and washed off all the decor...will this go away?

First off, don't monkey with you pH. It's not worth it, as most fish can adapt to your pH.

Whats the age of this tank, and is it cycled? New tanks (<2 months) commonly get cloudy water. The cause of it is a heterotrophic bacteria bloom that will subside in a few days. IMO, PWC may or may not help, but they can't hurt. This is just the normal breaking in of the tank.

About 4 months and a gourami two platys and an oto.it's been fine until I added the ph stuff

9ujy said:
About 4 months and a gourami two platys and an oto.it's been fine until I added the ph stuff

Could be a side affect of the pH that may GBR killed some of your BB. I'd try doing some more water changes and watching the water quality.

BB is benificial bacteria. GBR is usually German Blue Ram, but I don't think that is what bruinsbro1997 is referring to. It may have been a spell check deal. I've had words changed by spell check in the past. Probably typing "have".

My tank got cloudy a few times. I found that it was a problem with my filter bypassing both times. Might check that

Back
Top Bottom