Cloudy tank! Oh noes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somethingclever

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my tank set up for a month/month and a half. Randomly it gets cloudy for a couple days then stops. It recently started again yesterday and it's bugging me. The fish seem to still be fine but it just looks bad. And i have noooooo idea what my ammonia or anything is as i am a noob and have yet to buy the test kits (which im going to buy friday) . Any ideas?

First you really need your test kit. Second is to do PWC of at least 30% every other day since you have fish. At this point it'd really all u can do. If you have some one with a tank nearby ask fror some of there BB from there filter.

Somethingclever said:
I have had my tank set up for a month/month and a half. Randomly it gets cloudy for a couple days then stops. It recently started again yesterday and it's bugging me. The fish seem to still be fine but it just looks bad. And i have noooooo idea what my ammonia or anything is as i am a noob and have yet to buy the test kits (which im going to buy friday) . Any ideas?

Aquariums tend to do that from time to
Time... As long as it clears up and your fish are ok u shouldn't worry... It's probably a bacterial bloom. You should purchase you an API master test kit to keep a watch on your parameters... U may not be cycled

Thanks for the advice. I do water changes (about 25%) a couple times a week. Every time i put in new water i add dechlorinator.

Your definitely, not cycled at this point in time. It will average from 6 weeks and up to start seeing small changes in your NO3. If you have a LFS they will test your water for free most of the time.

Your definitely, not cycled at this point in time. It will average from 6 weeks and up to start seeing small changes in your NO3. If you have a LFS they will test your water for free most of the time.

thats the weird part, i went to Petsmart and had them test my water and they said it was great. I went back in a week or so later and all of a sudden my ammonia was high as well as my nitrites. I don't get it.

Somethingclever said:
Thanks a lot, you are very helpful. However, this doesn't sound like it's gonna be fun at all :( lol

Always glad to help and sorry to say it, but it isn't going to be an easy ride, but for the health of your fish it is important.

Please keep us updated and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here or you can PM me.

Back
Top Bottom