Cloudy Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HaleyKathleen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought a new 5 almost 6 gallon fish tank, i started out with only my betta in it and the water got very very cloudy. I did about 20% water change and it did not help. eventually i redid the whole tank and that fixed the problem for a few weeks, so i put in 2 cories. the problem is coming back although not as bad i am worried it will get back to where it was soon. and suggestions on what i could do to fix the cloudy water in my tank? I tried the accu clear stuff last time and it just seemed to make it worse...

First you need to read up on the nitrogen cycle. You need to cycle your tank. This is why your water is cloudy the common term is " new tank syndrome". You have a bacteria bloom going on. Second, you need to go to you LFS and get an API master test kit. You need to test your water levels ammonia is building up in your water and next will be the nitrates and those can both easily kill your fish. But right now you need to be changing 50% of your water daily to keep those levels in check and your fish alive. You have come to the right place we will help you. Any other questions please just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom